Monday, January 5, 2009

South Haven, Michigan

My family traveled to Michigan just after Christmas to see Megan's family. Every trip we make up north I try and take a picture of a lighthouse on Lake Michigan. This time we visited the South Haven Lighthouse. I expected it to be a bit chilly but the wind coming off the water was absolutely freezing. This had to be the coldest photo shoot I have ever done. I wish these images described how bitter cold it really was. Anyway, it was well worth it to get these images. Click on any image to enlarge.


This is Mark, one of Megan's cousins. He is standing on a cliff of ice that had a 10 ft. drop off with the waves crashing all around him. CRAZY! He was soaked after this wave but now he has a great facebook picture! I think this image looks like a National Geographic picture.

Matt Lucas
660-263-7835
www.lucasphotography.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures turned out great, Matt! As always!!

~Amber

Susan said...

You do beautiful work! I am truly mesmerized each time I log on and view your works! Congrats on taking such memorable shots!

~ Susan Ragar