Thursday, February 7, 2008

Competition Prints

Worked on competition prints for a good part of the day. These are three of the six or seven I will be entering this weekend in KC. I always enjoy entering images because I feel it helps me be a better photographer. I am always looking for those images that the nonphotographer might just walk by.

The first image was captured after it had snowed all night. I even got my car stuck in my own driveway. Finally I got to work and told dad we had to go out and get some snow images. We got about 10 miles from the studio and I saw the Amish carrage. Imagine how cold it was for them. I will title the image "Heading Home".


This image was taken when Megan and I were visiting Megan's cousins in Michigan. We had a great day at the beach. We ended up at Grand Haven to see the sunset. There were hundreds of people lining the beach and the lighthouse this evening. As soon as the sun went past the horizon line most of the people left. I stuck around and saw the most amazing colors reflecting off of the water from the sky. Most of the people that night didn't see beauty that I saw. Megan's cousins and I were glad we did.
I photographed this one early one morning in Mackinaw City, MI. My family thought I was crazy for getting up before daylight on vacation but I am glad I did. I was joined by one other couple seeing the sunrise and a few birds.

Matt Lucas
660-263-7835
www.lucasphotography.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice stuff, Matt! WOW! Awesome! Can't wait to see the others and in print! You ROCK!